Friday, June 02, 2006

Life of an ageing star

Click picture for detail.
They have complex lives.

Sometimes I think I liked them better when they were just white dots and they all looked the same.

(Sometimes I think that about people too.)

Other times I marvel. And I do like a good marvel.

Here's the current extent of my understanding:
It starts at the bottom-left and follows the wiggly path. If it goes right, it's getting redder; if it goes left, it's getting bluer; if it goes up, it's getting brighter. When it gets to the top it goes boom.

From star evolution lectures.

1 comments:

JS said...

Dear Bob

I am happy to find another blog by another Brighton marveller. And I agree with you on the stars/people. Anyway, have a nice day.

Post a Comment

If you have questions not relating to this post, you can email me.